Upload Lite - Free file Upload utility Description
The Upload Series
What is Upload Lite?
- Upload Lite - Free
- The ultimate free uploader with admin specified restrictions on file types and sizes
- Upload Plus $20
- all the features of Upload Lite, plus : user selects destination folders, extra e-mail options
- Upload Gold $78
- The ultimate uploader with membership management, multiple languages, three levels of admin, member log in and member privileges
- Upload Pro $147
- The ultimate uploader with membership management and optional ht directory protection built in. Unlimited sub-ordinate administrators, custom sign up forms and autoresponder templates
Upload Lite allows your web site visitors to upload files to any directory on your server. You can set the file types you accept, the maximum size of any one file, have the user redirected to a page of choice after a successful upload, be notified of new uploads and more. Virtually every line of the script is commented. Ideal for Perl programmers wanting to learn how to write their own upload scripts.
How much does it cost?
Absolutely free! You will receive this nifty little script, successfully tested on thousands of web sites and servers (Windows, Unix, Linux, Sun, BSDOS and OSX Mac), for absolutely nothing.
Upload Lite is based on the extremely popular Upload Gold, first released in September 2001. Tired of uploader utilities that failed, we decided to release our own free version to help out the Perl community. And with over an amazing 96,000 downloads to date, we feel we've done our part. Upload Lite has also helped other programming firms correct and improve their own versions based on our innovative features.
Key Features and Benefits
- Set file size limits and types accepted
- Supports sendmail, qmail, postfix (Unix/Linux servers) as well as SMTP (all servers including Windows and Mac)
- Supports unlimited File Upload fields
- Supports unlimited File sizes (Shared Hosting servers will have a limit set by the Host)
- Successfully tested on files as large as 950 megabytes
- Option to be notified on new uploads
- Option to allow overwrites.
- Option to display list of files to user.
- Well commented.
- It's free.
- Compatible with Windows, Unix, Linux, Sun, BSDOS and OSX Mac servers.