eBackup - Website Back ups
eBackup can be utilized by anyone wanting to back up data files located on their web server. With 2 easy options available, you can opt to back up your entire website with one click, or back up specifically selected diretories. In either case, all directories and their contents are compressed into a Zip file and emailed to you, or simply stored on your server. Phew, it's a good thing you came acress this free Perl script!
eBackup will recursively fetch and display your Website's (or Server's) entire directory structure in alphabetical order. You can set the Starting directory in the Passowrd protected Web Admin Settings. If pemissions allow, you can start from the very top of your server.
Note: eBackup requires two non-standard perl modules on your server in order to function. We've found around %60 of Unix servers have these modules installed. To check if your Server has the required Modules, Download and Install E-Vars. Once uploaded in ASCII mode and CHMOD to 755, load the script (myserver.cgi) in a web browser and scroll down to the Module list. You are looking for :
These modules subsequently require a few additional Modules, however if the above two are installed, you should be right. If you're missing either of the above two modules, contact your Web Host and ask if they will install the modules for you. Some will honour your request, some will not. We cannot install the modules for you because root access to the server is required. We can however offer you Hosting with the required modules installed.
As this is a free script offered to you by us, our standard "No support" policy applies. eBackUp Automated, with additional features including Timed automated back up and Zip file delivery (will require a Cron tab), is now available.
See the Users Guide for more detailed Information.
- Backs up your website! Can you live without an eBackUp?
- Full recursive directory list of your website is displayed
- Set the root directory (allows you to back up files located anywhere on server)
- One click back ups, or select specific multiple directories to back up
- E-mail or store Zips on your Server
- Password protected Administration section
- Web configuration area for setting program defaults
- Retains original directory and file structure in generated Zip file